Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baby Food - Make Your Own?:

So today I made like 20 ounces of bananas into baby food. I have been wanting to make my daughters baby food. I want to do pees, carrots and cucumber next. But the pees and cucumber will have to be done for 5 days each before I can start going back to other foods she likes and has no problems with. She likes Bananas and Squash. Shes ok with Sweet Potatoes. Shes not crazy about Applesauce or Carrots but she will eat them, but maybe when I make them she will like mommy's baby food.


Bananas: With the bananas all I did was peal them, took the little end nipples off, cut them up into small chunks, then put them in my mini food chopper, but a blender will work better for stage one. My little girl is on stage one foods but my mini food chopper seems to make it into like a between stage 1 and stage 2 food. But Kira did wonderful with the bananas the way they were.


Carrots: With carrots I would wash, peal and cut them up into little 1/2 inch slices then boil them for about 10 minuets or until tender. After they are tender empty most of the water then (it would be up to you, but put either a dash of pure cane sugar or a pinch of salt) mix, put in a food chopper or a blender and blend until the right stage consistency. The dish up into storage containers.






NOTE* I will add more later and as I find what I feel is better or is easier. I will tell you this, if you don't have a blender, or you do things by hand with one of the store bought hand mills it will be very time consuming. I will do a review later on the Baby food hand mill that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment