Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cloth Diapers or Disposable Diapers - Which to Pick?:

Things to think about when chosing cloth diapers or disposable diapers.

Let's start with cloth diapers.


Cloth Diapers:
Pros-                                        Cons-
1. less money                            1. can be a hassle
2. no harsh chemicals               2. can be hard to clean from stains
3. reusable                                3. can be bulkier then disposable
4. less waste for landfills          4. depending on cloth child might be allergic
5. easy to re-size                     
6. environment friendly            
                                             
                                             
Disposable Diapers:                  
Pros-                                        Cons-
1. less hassle                             1. expensive
2. neat and unbulky                  2. harsh chemicals against babies skin
3. easy to carry around             3. can fall apart
4. toss away the stinkiness       4. more rashes
                                                 5. more waste for landfills
                                                 6. have to buy another size
                                                 7. not environment friendly


For me personally I still can't really decide. I like cloth since there is no harsh chemicals that can be bad for babies skin, but I like the less hassle of disposable. So for me im on a thin line of half and half for each. I do cloth diaper but I also use disposables. I personally like making my own cloth diapers compared to buying them since it seems that I can make them for less money with still good quality.

So there's my run-down on Cloth and Disposable Diapers. Now it's your turn to tell me where you fall into the diaper line-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment